1.08.2013

"Live blogging" Alex Jones & Piers Morgan

0:00
So I am, full disclosure, watching the Alex Jones segments in their entirety for the first time.
I caught the end of the second one LIVE last night and have just been reposting them assuming they stay as good as they started. Here's part 1, I'll do part 2 in a separate post as soon as my wife gives me permission to turn the volume back up on my laptop (she's not an Alex Jones fan).

0:37
The segment literally JUST STARTED and I've landed wingnut bingo: Mao, foreigners, globalism, megabanks control the world (such as Reuters, Bloomberg & AP), drones

1:00
I'm literally only capable of watching this 60 seconds at time.
I overloaded and paused it at the 1 minute mark

1:40
I HAVE FBI CRIME STATISTICS

1:58
and I just had to pause it again

2:17
I just love 1776 WILL COMMENCE AGAIN IF YOU TRY TO TAKE OUR FIREARMS.
I just want that on a loop.

and all the finger stabbing and screaming at piers who has uttered maybe 7 words at lower-than-his-usual-volume.

2:35
also "The republic will rise again." I think he means confederacy, but has somehow conditioned himself not to use that word.

2:48
He seems to think that the British invaded an already sovereign America in colonial times. He also asks Piers to "come to America," as though they aren't sitting in a New York City studio right then. Oh, and I all you have to do to become an American is 'go out shooting.'

3:00
How about Prozac? He seems to think the drug industry funds CNN.
Also, Prozac = suicide/homicide pills.

3:30
In the US there were over 11,000 shootings last year, but 75% of them didn't count, because you know, black people.
We'll spend the next minute plus dodging around the fact that there were way fewer gun deaths in England.

4:20
Instead, Jones asserts people in England are "running around burning cities down."

4:38
Wants to box Piers dressed as Apollo Creed. (Piers is expected to don the "Jolly Roger.")

5:00
Piers explains there were 35 gun deaths in the UK.
Beep boop. Does not compute.

5:30
Alex does that thing where gun nuts tell fans of restrictions that they're looking to ban the wrong guns, apparently not realizing that might inspire those in favor of control to just, y'know, ban EVEN MORE guns.

6:00
SHOOTINGS ARE IRRELEVANT BECAUSE ***THEY*** BLEW UP WALL STREET

6:35
Jones explains that he doesn't lose his rights because their are criminals. Totally explaining the current legality of bombs, raping, burglary, yelling fire in crowded movie theaters, and making me not feel guilty about all of the things I've taken from stores over the years without paying for them.

6:45
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE PIERS, HE'S GOT THE FBI STATISTICS!

1 comment: