2.27.2014

What DO I Think The Gospel Is?

Today in the midst of a discussion of other things I asked somebody what the Gospel was. They gave me six paragraphs that didn't once use the word "LOVE."

This caused me to think really hard about what I, in my struggle through theology and orthodoxy and religion think the Gospel is. I tried to craft an answer that focuses on Love. Because I think that's the key. We're supposed to LOVE people.
Most of the rest I'm still working out.
How does this sound?

THE GOSPEL

God is love.
God loves us.
All of us.
So much so that he sent his son to model for us the way that we should aspire to live.
We should love God with all our hearts, minds, and strength and love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
In loving deeply, and beautifully. In living free of violence and hate. In feeding the hungry, caring for the sick, clothing the naked, and freeing the captives we experience God, for these things are love and HE is love.
Jesus died on a cross as a final sacrifice to end mankind's slavery to sin and religion.
He rose again to show us that death and fear have been defeated.
The Kingdom of God is at hand and He is making all things new.
We join his tangible Kingdom when we work to do His will on Earth as it is in Heaven.

The good news is that God's people are setting out to do His work. To bring His Peace to all of His People, to rescue them from the hells in which they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment